The first conference & General Assembly of the European Creative Hubs Network

The European Creative Hubs Network was a 2 year-long project (2016-2018) partially funded by the European Union. The project’s main goal was to unite creative hubs across Europe by forming bridges of communication and collaboration amongst creatives, entrepreneurs and freelancers from different sectors who could share their experience, exchange knowledge and explore possibilities of cooperation.

In Autumn 2018, while the project was coming to an end, the Network that emerged from ECHN started planning their next steps. In order to continue with their vision of bringing together creatives and entrepreneurs across Europe the Network decided to hοld its 1st Conference and General Assembly in Athens, Greece on 11th-13th April 2019. It will be the first official community meeting and the election of the Steering Committee.

At Stone Soup, we are very excited to take part in this initiative and we look forward in meeting everybody in person. It’ll be a great chance for networking and talking about ECHN’s progress and future steps as a newly founded collaborative organization.

Save the date and stay tuned for more info about the event and registration that will be announced soon!

Max approaches life as a journey and Athens is a beautiful traveling destination. Read more about his recent life.

Max B. is from Germany, he studied industrial design and worked with his father as a Sound designer for the film industry in Berlin. Living his whole life in Berlin he felt the urge to travel and live somewhere else.

He has been traveling with a small Volkswagen van in Europe so he has experienced the nomad life. A year ago he decided to build a home in a more spacious van and travel further away. Initially he thought of traveling to Asia or India but when Max arrived at his first stop in Athens, he found it hard to continue his journey. Although the intention was to visit for only a few months, thanks to the people, nature, food and music he decided to extend his stay.

“Greece is the type of country in Europe where it feels good being here; let’s say that people are more ‘Mediterranean’. The approach is more open and things are more easy going around here.”

It’s the first time for Max working from a coworking space. “Is nice to talk to all this different kind of people. I work with a computer and I am focus on the screen all the time, so is good to have someone that you can have a dialog from time to time and cook together.”

Greece as the first stop of his inner journey

Max’s bachelor thesis was about Modern Nomads. He says that the concept of the term fits his lifestyle though he prefers not to call himself a nomad as his journey is more spiritual. “The work I’m doing is a mean to make my living. My actual focus is on observing my inner processes. Giving room to allow and understand fears, asking myself, what’s love, why we pursue pleasure and thus get a deeper understanding of the Me and the general suffering of mankind.

“In the last year it became very obvious, that I cannot continue working, more or less just for the sake of earning money and not seeing anyhow my contribution to improve the general wellbeing of people and the world in that we live in. Greece seems like a good starting point to walk on new paths.”

Now, Max is finishing his work for a German criminal investigator TV series and starting to work on an independent Greek film about a group of friends in a squat in Thessaloniki and the refugee crisis, a documentary with some storytelling.

Stone Soup Coworking Space

A new career in music: Peter Michael Nyman’s work

“I just felt like I should take the risk!”, explains Peter Michael Nyman when we asked him why he choose a new career path in his life. Peter is now a music composer for media such as movies, games and TV series.

Peter used to be a tour guide in China, but his passion for music motivated him to start making music. “Growing up in Finland, there was a piano in my house, and I started composing since my childhood.” explains Peter.” In the past it was very difficult to start a music career because you had to study in a big university to be connected with an orchestra, but nowadays, the computer can be your own orchestra and that enabled me to move here and start working with my music.”

Listen to “Autumn”, one of Peter’s compositions here:

Athens has recently attracted many artists and is perceived to be a very friendly city to newcomers. That’s why Peter chose this place to realize his dream. The history and beauty of Athens has been a great inspiration for his compositions, and being based in a coworking space in the center of the town has helped him to make new professional connections.

Peter believes that Stone Soup is a great place to meet people and work as a freelancer or a digital nomad. It’s perfect for working on a personal project and chasing your dreams. “Sometimes you have to risk in your life”, he says. “Maybe I don’t succeed, but I’ll only know if I try. In my mind, I’m a composer, and my job is to show that to the world.”

Job opening: Community Manager at Stone Soup

Stone Soup is looking for a Community Manager to support our daily office procedures and content creation.

We are looking for a young professional who is eager to get hands on working experience in an international and stimulating environment. Working in a digital creative hub is an ideal place to network and acquire new skill sets. You will work in a diverse and friendly environment where you will be able to meet professionals with multidisciplinary backgrounds and different nationalities.

You will be part of an expanding market. Coworking is booming and the demand is rising rapidly. The spaces operating in Athens have strong communities and you will be in charge of expanding the community of Stone Soup, spreading the word about our philosophy and our services.

You will get lots of social interaction as you will meet and greet clients in a daily basis and you will support and run community events. You will learn how to onboard clients and manage day to day operations. You will learn to use several software platforms and tools that are important for running a business and you will have the opportunity to learn how to write engaging stories and content for our website and social media.

You will also have the freedom to propose ideas and experiment with new practices.

Responsibilities

Welcome new clients and respond to their inquiries

Look after communal areas and keep them in order

Manage office supplies stock and place orders

Maintain a company calendar, schedule appointments & book meeting rooms

Support in-house and external events and gatherings

Create and publish content in English

Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention

Requirements

Proficiency in English (oral and written)

Experience with software like MS Office and WordPress

Familiarity with social media

Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude

Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Details about the position

You will work full-time

You will be employed for minimum one year

Working hours: 10.30 – 19.00 (with lunch break)

You are expected to bring your own laptop

In your application please attach your CV, photo and referral letter. Links to your prior work (blog posts, articles) and related experience are a plus.

Send your email to [email protected]